After I posted the Cookies and Cream and Marshmallow Rice Crispy Treats recipes, which both involve Greek yogurt, I received the below suggestion from my friend Marci that makes a perfect breakfast on the go.
I get any flavor of Greek yogurt and add 1/4 cup of granola and a few tablespoons of raisins. Mix and enjoy.
Here’s another recipe to try:
Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain
- 1 cup frozen fruit, such as strawberries or peaches
- 1/2 medium banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup of low-fat milk
- A few ice cubes (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth and serve immediately.
- Modifying the measurements to meet your food plan or needs. For example, use 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup milk.
- Mixing up the fruit. For example, add one-half cup frozen berries and one-half frozen banana.
- Changing the flavor of the Greek yogurt (but check labels – often the flavored varieties are loaded with sugar)
- Adding flax or Chia seeds for additional fiber and nutritional benefits